cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx922 No airprint printer found

Oasis_ja
Apprentice
I recently got a new router/modem, a Hitron Coda 4582, and have successfully connected the printer to my network, but each time I try to Airprint, I get a message that there are no Airprint printers found. My Apple devices and printer are on the same network. I have deleted and reinstalled my printer driver but still wont work. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Oasis_ja,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow to select the wrench and screwdriver icon and press OK

3.  Use the left arrow to select Device Settings and press OK

4.  Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK

5.  Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK

6.  Select WLAN setting list and press OK

The SSID that is listed is the name of the wireless network that your PIXMA MX922 is connected to.  Please make sure that your devices/computers are connected to the exact same network name as listed next to SSID on your PIXMA MX922.

Using the down arrow, please view the IPv4 Address.  On your device or computer, please open a web browser (ex: Chrome or Firefox).  In the address bar of your web browser, please type the IPv4 address of your PIXMA MX922.

Are you able to view the remote user interface of your PIXMA MX922?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Yes, I was able to see the remote interface through the IP address. I was able to print one page using AirPrint from my computer, but my other Apple devices are not recognizing the printer on my network. I have confirmed that it is on the same network as the other devices too. 

Hi Oasis_ja.

Make sure the other devices are connected to a standard 2.4 GHz connection to your network. Most routers keep the standard and 5G commuication separate to maintain faster 5G speeds, and the MX922 is only capable of the standard wifi.

If they're unable to find the MX922 even when using a 2.4 GHz connection, try updating the printer's firmware.  Firmware updates carry any updates to Airprint that the printer may need.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements