cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX9020 Connection Problems

BiPolar_Express
Contributor

I have been using my MX9020 wirelessly for 2 years on Windows 7 and Windows 10, but I am unable to get it to work with Chromebook or Linux Mint.

Most important, my wife - she has a chromebook - The printer will register to the Google cloud, but I cannot set it up on her chromebook..  The Chromebook will not automatically set it up.  The manual setup process does not have dropdown selections for the MX9020 or MX922 series and I cannot manually enter my own selection; very frustrating.

Linux will print if connected with USB, but not wireless.  I have searched extensively for an IPP for this printer without success.  Is there an IPP that will work for this unit so I can connect it wirelessly?

Thanks for any ideas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I discoverd the Noko print app on Google Play.  It works without fuss and no need for cloud printing.  It costs 9.99, but is totally worth avoiding any future fuss. 

Please consider this closed and me done with Canon in the future.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi!  Could you please double-check and verify your printer model number?  To date, Canon USA has not made a printer with the model number "MX9020."  You do, however, mention the PIXMA MX922 which is part of the PIXMA MX920 series of printers and "MX920" is quite similar to "MX9020."

Once we can get that straightened out, the community can provide you with the help you need!

Sorry for the late reply. 

My printer is MX922.  I included the other number as that is a series I find during searches.  

To date, our workaround is to email items to a windows computer to print.  It works, but is frustrating.

I installed the Canon Print/Selphy app per a YouTube video.  The app installs, but when I try to open it, I get an error messaage:  "PRINT Keeps Stopping"

Updated the firmware and registered the Pixma MX922 with Google cloud.  Lenovo Chromebook still will not see it.

Canon Selphy app will not open.

A web search indicates Canon printers are notorious for not being compatible with Chrome OS.  The general recommendation is to avoid Canon printers.  I hate to hear that, as I have enjoyed this printer, but that appears to be the only solution.  Disappointed.

Thanks for the additional information!  We've forwarded your inquiry to one of our subject matter experts (SMEs) for them to weigh in. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I discoverd the Noko print app on Google Play.  It works without fuss and no need for cloud printing.  It costs 9.99, but is totally worth avoiding any future fuss. 

Please consider this closed and me done with Canon in the future.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements