cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 keeps disconnecting from WiFi

AmberC
Apprentice

I have been using the Canon PRINT app so that I can scan documents. Both printing and scanning only worked once and then disconnected and won't reconnect. I have tried disabling the IPv6 setting on the printer, but it still disconnects from the app. 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi chance,

What was listed by IP Address? Was that section blank or did it start with a 192 or 10?

We look forward to your reply.

yes I have done all and the findings are:-

signal is inactive

SSID matches the same as computer

Signal strength is 52% (computer and printer are in the same room and my internet is always full bars connected)

Hi ejakachira,

The low signal might be a temporary issue. I recommend restarting your router by unplugging the power cord to the router for 30 seconds and then plug the power cord back in. Once your network comes back up, please turn the printer off and back on then print the network settings again to see if the signal strength has come back up.

I have done that and still it is not working. It will eventually decide to print after about 30 mins and this is so frustrating. Can you please find a lasting solution to this problem.

Hi ejakachira,

You can trying disabling the IPv6 wireless setting on the printer. Please click HERE for the steps.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

afm914
Apprentice
My MX 490 has every problem that is listed in problems, from set-up to disconnecting from WIFI to incorrectly identifying the level of ink left in the cartridge. I am angry that this machine is a lemon. Unfortunately, I've moved to a different state and cannot return it.

Hi afm914! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Imlaurietoo
Apprentice
I have the same issue! I'm glad to know it's not just me dealing with this, but what is going to be done about it? I just updated the software and that didn't fix it. So, can someone in your IT department do some coding and fix this bug? It's a real pain and defeats the whole purpose of printing from the cloud because I can't print away from home and I sure as heck can't print whenever I want. Or, maybe it won't get fixed so we have to buy a new printer? If the latter is the case, I certainly will NOT be buying another Canon! Can someone from Canon give us all an update please???

Hi imlaurietoo,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements