cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX490 - Router Overlap screen instead of Passphrase screen

dnolan
Apprentice

I'm trying to setup the wireless connection to the wifi in my office, but after I select the wifi network to connect to, I get a Router Overlap screen instead of the Passphrase screen. From there my options are to select one or multiple routers. No matter which option I choose or which routers I choose, the connection fails.

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

We are not familiar with the message that you described.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

pwiggins
Apprentice
I am having the same problem. Has a solution been found?

Hi pwiggins,

The error described by dnolan is not something we have encountered before and may be caused by th netwok settings.  I would recommend resetting your network router then attempt to connect the printer using a different method in the Setup Guide.

If you continue to have trouble, I suggest contacting our telephone or chat support staff by clicking on Contact Us for contact information.

If using a different setup method resolves your issue, please click on the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer.

I am encountering this error as well. My home network is setup where I have multiple APs broadcasting the same SSID due to building materials in my home interfering with signal strength. My MX492 is within 10 feet of one AP. All worked exceptionally well until I meshed multiple APs into one wireless network with a common SSID. Now it says router overlap; no other wireless device in my home takes issue with the new setup. Please advise

Nathans9
Apprentice

did you find the solution to this issue?  I am now having this issue also.

lkruger
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue on my TR4520: Router Overlap: use a single router.

I only have one router - the one that was listed and that I accepted. Why can't we get a fix from Canon?

Announcements