cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX432 wireless scanning function doesn't work

bfuchs
Apprentice

I just purchased a Pixma MX432 multifunction printer. I set it up for wireless connection. The printer portion works fine. When I run the MP Navigator 5.1 to run the scanner, I get an error message: Canon MP Navigator EX has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have used a Pixma MX 410 since July 2011, and it worked fine wirelessly for both the printer and scanner until about two weeks ago, when the wireless scanner quit working and I got the same message as above. I tried reinstalling the software with no success.

When the Pixma MX 410 ADF feeder quit working on a manual scanning function, I used my replacement guaranty and bought the Pixma MX 432. I still have the same problem.

My software is Windows 7.

16 REPLIES 16

I'm having the same problem that many of you are and I've tried the solutions offered by Cannon but to no avail.  Any further help would be appreciated.

Model MX432

Printer/ Fax/ copy works fine, but not able to scan.

Using USB

I do not get a scanner listed in the Canon IJ Network Selecter EX - on a Win 8 laptop.

It works as expected on a Win 7 laptop.

Any suggestions ?

I have tried reinstalling the MX432 drivers on the WIn 8 laptop.

FYI - the HERE link on the previous page does not work - the web browser just spins and never load any page.

kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=47570

bdb
Apprentice

After I reinstal lthe drives again, I do see the scanner in Scanner Selector.

However, trying to scan errors out with Code = 5,157,61

Cannot communicate with the scanner.

But I can print wirelessly to the printer without issues.

After a reboot, the Scanner Selector list is empty again.

I have reinstalled the drivers& MP Navigator but I can't get this to scan from the Win8 laptop.

Hi bdb,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then try to scan again, as sometimes, these programs can block the scanning process of the printer.  If you still have difficulty scanning, we we can try to temporarily remove files from a folder called TWAIN 32 that may be causing a conflict with the scanning program to see if this will help. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open your C: drive.

2. Locate the WINDOWS folder, then double-click to open it.

3. Locate the TWAIN_32 folder, then double-click to open it.

4. Inside of the TWAIN_32 folder, you will see a folder for your printer as well as a WIATWAIN.DS file. If there are other files in that folder, you will want to move them to another location, preferably your Desktop by doing the following:

4-1. Click on each of the other items in the folder other than the the WIATWAIN.DS file and your printer's folder to select them. You will want to hold the the CTRL key on your keyboard while selecting each of the items until all of the items except for the two referenced above are selected. Please be sure to leave the WIATWAIN.DS file and your printer's folder inside of the TWAIN_32 folder.

4-2. With all of the items you want to move selected, please go to the EDIT menu and select the CUT option.

4-3. Go to your Desktop (or any location you choose) and right-click your mouse in any blank area, then choose the PASTE option. The items you selected from the TWAIN_32 folder should appear on the Desktop (or in the location you chose).

5. Try to scan again. 

Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My problem was resolved somehow as a result of upgrading from Win 8.0 to Win 8.1

I didn't need to do anything else

Help!!! I print and copy wirelessly but nothing happen when I try to scan a document. I tried going with a USB cable also and still no scanning. I am usin Windows 10 Firefox, Chorus and Internet Explorer. I am thoroughly frustrated.

@cstrtoby10wrote:

Hello,

I too am having problems.  I am able to print wirelessly from the computer, but am unable to scan documents wirelessly.  Everytime I begin to scan, the user face on the printer tells me "Scan Local (USB)"  well I do not wish to scan by USB. 

I've already tried updating the drivers with the links listed by the Admins on this thread and that did not help, so I am left with not knowing how to proceed.  I also tried scanning by turning off all of my Firewalls and that did not help either. 

Please let me know what else can be done to be able to Scan Wirelessly.

Thank you.

When I first upgraded my computer, I had the same issue, but found out how to work around it.  This particular printer does not have software to make it work, so here's what you'll have to do.

Turn on printer

Open control panel

Click on "devices and printers"

In the printers section you should be able to locate your Cannon MX430 series. Click and open

There should be a option for  "Scanner Management" or "operate scanner".  Click on the link that says, "Scan photos or documents".

You should now be on a window that says, "New Scan".

From here you should be able to scan, but you CAN NOT use the autofeed, you have to place it inside the cover and can only scan 1 doucument or picture at a time, but it will work.  Make sure to take the "checkmark" off the "Preview or scan images as separate file".  If you don't, you'll have a cutoff.  But other than that, this is the only solution I found that works.  Good luck.  MrCowboy74

Announcements