07-04-2014 03:14 AM
i own a Pixma MP495. I'm trying to add it to my network. Unfortunatelly my router doesn't have an usb port.
I have the setup cd, have done everything that's been described in this thread as well. I still end up at the stage where i need to plug in the usb cable from the printer into my pc (whichis connected to the network via a LAN cable) and the only thing i see is the message "printer communicating with the network".
Nothing happens after that - just a note for other users: if you get stuck at this message don't stop/end the process using windows task manager - it'll restart your pc (canon auto-setup could use really a code overhaul, imo..), unplug the usb cable from the pc instead and wait one or two mins - the setup will give you then a choice to exit the setup withou the "restart feature". This won't occur if you connect the printer to a router, i guess..
Here's my question:
Is there a way to setup the pixma mp495 as a network printer even if your wireless router doesn't have a usb port?
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-04-2014 11:45 AM
In order to provide you with the proper steps, please let everyone know what version OS (Mac 10.X, Windows __ etc.) you are running on your machine. This way, the community will be able to assist you with a workflow appropriate for your computer/device.
07-28-2014 01:45 PM
The next step would be to reinstall your PIXMA MP495. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MP495's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Click on Start and then Run. If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:
2-1. Click Start.
2-2. Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.
2-3. Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.
2-4. In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.
2-5. Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.
2-6. Click OK in the Properties window.
3. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
4. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
5. Double click the folder named WIN.
6. Double click the folder named Driver.
7. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
8. Double click the file named DELDRV64.
9. In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.
Once complete, please follow these steps:
1. Click on Start, Run and then Browse.
2. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
3. Double click the folder named WIN.
4. Double click the folder named Driver.
5. Double click the folder named LAN.
6. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
7. In the Run box click OK.
8. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
Once complete, restart the computer.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MP495. The setup program will start automatically.
2. If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.
3. Click on Easy Install.
4. When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install.
5. Read the License Agreement carefully and click Yes if you agree.
6. When the Setup Method appears, choose Use the print on a network.
7. Click Next.
8. When the Printer Connection screen appears, click Next.
9. Make sure that your PIXMA MP495 is on.
10. When the Set Up New Printer screen appears, click Next.
11. When the Connect Cable screen appears, connect the USB cable from the PIXMA MP495 to your computer.
12. If the Detected Access Points List or Access Points screen appears, enter your network key and click Connect.
13. If the Confirm Connection Access Point screen appears, click Yes after confirming the access point.
14. Remove the USB cable and click Next.
15. Confirm the results and then click Finish to complete the installation.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: