cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP495 how to disable Bonjour

tbubah
Apprentice

Hi, have an older Pixma MP495, using wireless on secure network no problem but I want to disable Bonjour.  I printed the network configuration page and it is apparently enabled by default.  There is no place to change it in the IJ Network Tool.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Access the RemoteUI page for the printer by entering the IP address of the unit in the address bar of your web browser.  To determine the IP address of the printer, perform the following:

1.  Press the 'Maintenance' button on the printer repeatedly until 'n' appears on the LED display.
2.  Press the Black Start button.
3.  A sheet will print displaying the network information.

Once there, you should be able to disable the Bonjour setting.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Access the RemoteUI page for the printer by entering the IP address of the unit in the address bar of your web browser.  To determine the IP address of the printer, perform the following:

1.  Press the 'Maintenance' button on the printer repeatedly until 'n' appears on the LED display.
2.  Press the Black Start button.
3.  A sheet will print displaying the network information.

Once there, you should be able to disable the Bonjour setting.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THANK YOU!!! Perfect solution, I was able to access all the printer settings in my web browser and Bonjour enable / disable was in there. FYI note for others -- my pc had to be on for the network information page to show an IP address, with the pc off or asleep, all IP addresses were blank. Thanks again!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements