cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5420 connection to ipad....just wont work

meredithgriffin
Apprentice

Hi. Everything seems to be set up correctly. I followed the directions on the printer, held the WPS button down while pressing the OK button on the printer. My ipad recognizes the printer, but when I hit PRINT? Nada.....

No printing...no how. How come???? 🙂

Meredith

3 REPLIES 3

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi meredithgriffin,

To further troubleshoot the issue, please try opening up Safari on the iPad and in the address bar, type the printers IP address and let us know whether or not you get the Canon's wireless configuration page to show up.  You can find the printer's IP address with the following steps:

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper. 

1. Select Setup on the Home screen

3. Select  Device settings, then press the OK button.

5. Use the UPDOWN button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button. 

7. Use the UPDOWN button to select Confirm LAN settings, then press the OK button. 

9. Use the UPDOWN button to select Print LAN details, then press the OK button to confirm the selection.
  10. Use the UPDOWN button to select Yes, then press the OK button to start printing.

The machine starts printing the network setting information.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

adamsfam2112
Apprentice

Have the 5420, from the support on canon, my printer is to have a firmware update selection in the printer menu.  Needless to say there is not firmware update in the printer menu.  I can print wireless from Windows 7 and XP.  iPad prints from airprint, however only from email.  Downloaded the pixama app, it does not recognize this printer.  I am getting the feeling that Canon can not deliver on their promise this printer will work with iPad's.  So far I see a complete failure on Canon's part and really thinking I should have bought an HP that actually is proven to work with iPad.

Sent a email to Canon, they emailed me back and said to check the knowledge base.  Thanks for the support Canon.

Hi adamsfam2112,

The firmware that you are referring to enables Print to Email from the unit. If you have Ver. 2.00 or later, the firmware is already up to date. Please describe in more details, what happens when printing from other applications on your iPad.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements