cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5420 cannot connect to cloudprint

jstead1
Contributor

My MG5420 used to connect to cloudprint, but went offline. I tried deleting the printer and then reconnecting.

After the authentication page prints out, and I go to the website and complete the process, google has the printer as registered.  But my printer comes up with "Cannot connect to the server. Please wait a while and try again."

Since it gets the web address, I know it connects to the server.  I have done this fifteen times now and it is the same every time.

I tried it connecting through two different routers and my phone hotspot.  Always the same result.

This printer has been a big disappointment.  Need help from Canon.  Please support your products.

32 REPLIES 32

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I will not purchase another Canon printer after this.  Pure and simple the device was marketed and sold as a Google Cloud Print device and now it won't even connect for the manual work around.

This is shoddy and a horrible way to treat customers.  Canon, you lost me.

I experienced the loss of cloud print with my Canon printer also.  It was very dissapointing as I was enjoying being able to cloud print.  After speaking with several techs, my conclusion was the loss of functionality was due to a change in the security authentication method that Google implemented after the printer was released.  For certain printer models, this one included, Canon could not implement a firmware upgrade to restore that functionality.   I found by calmly asking to escalate the call and following their escalatiion process, Canon did resolve the issue to my satisfaction and I am very pleased with their resolution.  It took some time and patience, but it was worth it.

Announcements