cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3520 new wifi connection

demarskda
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my Pixma MG3520 to a wifi connection at my new home.  It was previously connected to another network.  Is there anyway to do this without reinstalling the software?  I already have it on my computer, just can't figure out how to change the wifi connection setting.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi, demarskda!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

I am using Windows 7.  Thank you.

Hi demarskda,

To get the printer reconnected wirelessly, we will need to reinstall the printer drivers on your computer.  Since your printer was previously connected wirelessly, we can reset the LAN settings on the printer to remove all of the old network information, then re-enable the setting and reinstall the drivers to see if we can get the printer reconnected wirelessly this way.  To reset the LAN settings, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on

2. Press and hold the STOP button until the Alarm lamp flashes 17 times.

3. Release the Stop button. The wireless setting of the printer has now been reset. Please note, the Wi-Fi lamp will remain lit.

Once the settings have been reset, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on. Once it comes back on, we will want to re-enable the wireless setting of the printer. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on

2. Press and hold the STOP button until the Alarm lamp flashes 18 times.

3. Release the Stop button.

4. Press the COLOR START button. The wireless setting of the printer is now enabled.

Once the wireless setting is enabled, you will want to reinstall the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website here. Please download and install the MP DRIVERS file from the DRIVERS section.

Prior to installing the drivers, you will want to ensure that any antivirus, firewall or spyware programs that are on your computer are temporarily disabled, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer from being installed successfully. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Once the drivers have been reinstalled, please attempt to print.  If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements