cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 3220: Wireless Printing No engaging

jgumpert
Apprentice

Hello!  We have successfully completed the installation of our Pixma Software (from the disk).  

1. I have used the IJ Network tool to detect the printer wirelessly.  

2. It successfully detects the Canon MG3200 series (Type: Canon, Connected to: LAN)

3. I click the printer from the menu, then select "Configuration"

4.  The configuration window opens and lists the name of the network (which is correct), and lists the detaisl of my network.  When I select "Configuration", the password is correctly entered.

5. When I press "OK", a window opens asking "Send the modified settings to the printer?  To start transmission, click "ok".  To return to the...etc". I click "OK"

6.  No other messages pop up.  Everything seems to have worked in transmitting - but I am guessing.

7.  The printers Wireless lamp is lit.  I have tried deactivating the lamp and reactivating the lamp.

8.  When I go into System Preferences and select "printers and scanners", the printer is listed, but is "offline".  Obvilously, when I connect the USB, it recognizes the printer as "online", but I cannot get this to connect wirelessly at all.  When I attempt to print, the system tells me the "printer is not connected"

I am using a MAC.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jgumpert.

Please try the following adjustment to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Click the Apple and choose 'System Preferences'.

2.  Open the 'Print and Fax' menu.

3.  Highlight and delete any copies of the Canon Printer listed on the left by clicking the minus (-) sign.

4.  Click the plus (+) sign.

5.  Click 'Default' on the upper left corner.  Wait a few moments, then highlight the Network version of the printer (with a set of numbers, or 'canonijnetwork' in parentheses). 

6.  Click 'Add' on the bottom right corner when it becomes available.

6-1.  If using OS 10.4 or 10.5, select 'More Printers' on the upper right or bottom right corner.

6-2.  Make sure 'Canon IJ Network' is selected in the top drop down menu.

6-3.  Highlight the printer when it appears and click 'Add'.

The setup should be complete.   Try printing to test the unit.

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements