cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA not detected in hi-rise building

tigertiger
Apprentice

I'm having difficulty connecting my MG3520 to my wifi network-- wifi is offered (for free) in the hi-rise building i live in. After going through troubleshooting, trying to set-up and connect with the app, and pretty much all other help i could find on the internet, my printer is still not being detected. Is it because my wireless network is not specific to my apartment and is instead shared by the entire apartment complex? Any help or insight would be appreciated.

** Update: It is an indirect result of being on a shared network. Chatted with the building's IT guy and he confirmed. Using a USB chord as an alternative.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I suspect your problem is indirectly caused by being on a shared network. It's not specifically the shared network thats the issue, but the fact that Installing a wireless printer requires that the device be authorized by the router. That would require action by whomever controls the router.

However, assuming that you could do that, then anyone on the network would see the printer on their computer if they were on the network. You could password protetc the printer to control access.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I suspect your problem is indirectly caused by being on a shared network. It's not specifically the shared network thats the issue, but the fact that Installing a wireless printer requires that the device be authorized by the router. That would require action by whomever controls the router.

However, assuming that you could do that, then anyone on the network would see the printer on their computer if they were on the network. You could password protetc the printer to control access.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements