cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA mx922 with El Capitan, wireless not working, USB connection will print but not scan

whsettle
Apprentice

My original set up went smoothly and I the iMac connected with the Canon mx922 printer. However, my wifi signal was poor and scans were too slow. I purchased a wifi extender which solved the slow internet problem, but even though both the iMac and the Canon printer are succesfully connected to the extended wifi signal, the iMac doesn't commiunicate with the printer. Okay, so I gave up on wireless and connected the two by USB. Now I can print, but the iMac doesn't communicate for scanning purposes, either with the basic Canon software or with third party (Vuescan) software. I've tried reloading the drivers, following on-line recommendations, but no good. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there a "start over from the beginning"  solution?  -- Thanks, Bill

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If you are swtching from a wireless to a USB connection, an adjustment will have to be made in our IJ Scan Utilty program.

Go to the Settings menu of the program and change the product selection from the Network version to the standard one.  

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements