cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 wifi off

MateMayer
Apprentice

Hi,

How can I turn off the Wi-Fi on PIXMA iP8720 printer?

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm glad I could help!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MateMayer,

To disable the wireless LAN setting on your PIXMA iP8720, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that the power is turned on.

2.  Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes 12 times, then release it immediately.

After you release the button, the power lamp will flash a few times and then stay lit.

When wifi has been disabled, the blue wifi lamp will be off.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much! It worked! Great!

You made my day!

Mate

I'm glad I could help!

How do you turn it back on?  Where are the instructions regarding the functionality you describe with button pushes and watching the number of flashes?  That is REALLY important functionality.  Is it secret?  Where do I find the full list?

Not the anyone will see this, but if someone provides obscure instructions on how to disable something, PLEASE provide the obscure instructions on how to re-enable it.  I followed a solution and now I can't get back to the original state.  Sigh.  

Oh, found it.  10 times!  Oh that is just great.  Where is the chart with ALL of this functionality!!!??

If Wi-Fi lamp is off, Wireless LAN is inactive.

To activate Wireless LAN, press and hold the RESUME/CANCEL button, then release the button when the POWER lamp flashes white 10 times.

Wireless LAN is activated and the Wi-Fi lamp is lit.

Oh, found it.  10 times!  Oh that is just great.  Where is the chart with ALL of this functionality!!!??

If Wi-Fi lamp is off, Wireless LAN is inactive.

To activate Wireless LAN, press and hold the RESUME/CANCEL button, then release the button when the POWER lamp flashes white 10 times.

Wireless LAN is activated and the Wi-Fi lamp is lit.

Announcements