cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS5150 Connects to WiFi but can't be seen by any devices

ukinixs
Apprentice

Good evening folks, wonder if you could help. 

We have a PIXMA TS5150 that has worked fine for about 15 months. Tonight it was showing offline from a MacBook. Tried to add the printer again by using the Canon setup utility but it soon became apparent that all was not well with the wireless network connectivity. 

The printer itself connects to wifi absolutely fine, it gets an IP address and I can see it as an active device on the router. 

However it can't be seen from any devices on the network (same SSID, 2.4GHz), all of which could see it previously including the MacBook. Windows devices report the printer as offline. 

To further complicate diagnosis, occasionally the router itself reports the printer as being disconnected and it greys out. When this happens, the printer itself still shows as connected with all the correct network configuration. I can re-attach the printer manually to the router and it then shows as 'connected' in the router console for a period - but even in that state no devices can see the printer on the network. 

We haven't changed anything that we are aware of, the printer hasn't moved and it has been working fine. 

My guess is that the wireless card in the device has failed - but does anyone out there have any other ideas?

Many thanks!

Peter

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi, uknixs!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The PIXMA TS5150 isn't supported by our team here at Canon USA.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

ukinixs
Apprentice

Yes, thanks - fine with that! The printer is out of warranty and there are no such message boards in Europe so I thought I'd try my luck here. 🙂

Announcements