cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Cloud Print not working

originalgabriel
Apprentice

I have been unable to use Cloud Print for well over a year now; I've tried every "fix" that I've read both here, and in other forums, with no luck.

Today I got a new router, so I decided to start poking about again, and I still can not use Cloud Print.

From the Cloud Print homepage, I deleted my printer, then from the printer went to register again and received a "cannot connect to server" error.

Googling that for a bit, I came across a post on the Canadian Canon page regarding the issue which stated that the MG6320, MX522, MX722, and MX922 were getting a new firmware to correct the issue; that post was from December of 2015 ... when will this issue get fixed!?!

I feel completely ripped off having bought this printer brand new, and only having the Cloud Print feature work for less than a year.

4 REPLIES 4

gsmitchell
Apprentice

I just bought a Canon pixma mx490 and can't get it to work either with my tablet

Hi gsmitchell!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone the type of tablet you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

gsmitchell
Apprentice
My tablet is a lg gpadX10.1

Hi gsmitchell,

First, please make sure that your PIXMA MX490 is operating on your wireless network:

1. Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX490.

2. Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press <OK>.

3. Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press <OK>.

4. Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press <OK>.

5. Use the left or right button to select Standard Setup and press <OK>

6. Enter your wireless network password and press <OK>. Please verify the password, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate. To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.

7. Press <OK> on the confirmation screen. The PIXMA MX490 will search for the access point.

8. When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.

Once your PIXMA MX490 is connected to your wireless network, please view this PDF to set up your PIXMA MX490 for use with Google Cloud Print on your tablet:

http://downloads.canon.com/cloud/MX492_UseGCP.pdf

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements