cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX892 - Not staying connected to LAN

jpilkenroth
Apprentice

I am beyond frustrated right now.  Just spent a LOT of money on a brand new Canon PIXMA MX892 last night....Set up was fairly simple, pretty easy to follow instructions.  In less than 45 minutes it was up & ready to go.  I printed out 20-30 pages of information for my upcoming vacation....Woke up this morning to do some work and my internet was down in the morning.  By the time the internet was back-up, I had to re-set my modem & router a few times & re-start my PC, and was finally able to synch the printer with the LAN to print again....however - after that it has been down all afternoon.  I have restarted the modem & router & my PC several times.  I have even unplugged & re-plugged the printer, and I've gone through the LAN set-up numerous times...NO LUCK.  I printed from my iPad moments ago with NO problems whatsoever.  It's like it's not picking up the LAN connection.  I ran the diagnostic report and the SSID name is correct.  I am about to pull out all of my hair.  I am going out for the evening, but have lots of work to do tomorrow and really need this printer to work.  For the money I spent, I really did not expect this level of frustration and technical issues.  I am not a PC expert, but not a novice either.  I have not tried connecting a USB cable, because I do not have one.  I will buy one if I have to, but that defeats the purpose of the WIRELESS printer that I spent extra money to purchase.  Ugh.

16 REPLIES 16

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same trouble and just missed the cutoff to return to amazon. This is rediculous. I even spoke to a tech person - of course it all worked then. Now, next day - no printer on the network.

My MX922 worked great for 3 years, then suddenly refused to work over a wired or wireless LAN.

After several hours, I finally got it to work on both a PC and Mac by:

1)  Re-enabling Bonjour on the MX922 settings menu

2)  Deleting the printer on the PC and downloading new software

3)  Deleting the printer on the Mac and then adding a new printer which prompted the Mac to re-initialize it on the LAN

It seems to be working ok now.  I'll believe it's really fixed if it's still working in a week or two.

The link doesn't work. Canon is AWOL as far as my printing experience has become - perhaps worse than HP. I am looking to change back to Epson soon. Don't buy an MX922 - no online thread has had any solution to this printer constantly disconnecting from my network.

Hi prives! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If the link does not work for you, you can reach them by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday to Friday from 10AM to 10PM ET. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps

Hi Everyone...

This thread was statred in 2013...  adding yourself as a "Me too" to a thread where everyone has a completely different set of circumstances or environment makes it virtually impossible for Canon Mods or fellow users to provide assistance.

If you want help, start your own thread.  It should include your printer model, your OS and any troubleshooting steps you have performed. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Seems like my problem was fixed after speaking with Canon support: I did a few things that may have helped and after that, paired the printer to the main router using wifi only (turned off bridge/extender router). Ended up with low signal strength as always but it seems to work consistently now. I disabled WSD and wired LAN, and have always had a static IPv4 IP address
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements