cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX452 will not stay connected to WiFi

tfondren
Apprentice

I have an ASUS N56U router and a PIXMA MX452 printer. Although they got along fine for a while, for quite some time the printer loses its connection and I must either reboot the router or the printer in order to re-establish a connection. After a scanning job, it loses that connection almost immediately. After a print job it will stay connected, but usually not very long after some inactivity... usually less than an hour.

Is this an issue with the router or the printer? I have searched numerous times looking for a solution to this specific problem and have not seen it addressed. I had general connectivity issues with the ASUS for quite some time, but resolved them some time ago with a firmware update. This problem has been going on for quite some time.

If this is an issue with something faulty in the printer or an issue with all ASUS routers and Canon printers, I would like to know. I either need to resolve this or purchase another printer or another router. And without knowing if this is isolated to ASUS or Canon, I cannot make an informed decision should it come to that.

Any help from Canon or the user community would be most appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tfondren
Apprentice
Twenty two days waiting on this insightful reply. Now that is some kind of service. Thanks, but I've already purchased a different printer from a competitor.

Hi tfondren,

We're sorry to hear you were having a problem and you no longer have your Canon printer. We do want to let you know that our award winning US-based printer team is available to assist during the week from 10am to 10pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON, or 24/7 by email at http://Canon.us/EmailCF

What did Canon expect from this former owner ?  Hope return was successful.  I think the actual situation is Canon has such lax tech capability they have no solutions and take so long to answer that issues are not resolved, just kicked down the road  Direct connect or Wifi on computer seems fine but mobile device airprint support is attrociuos.  Been with Canon 10+ years but no more upon next hard failure.

Announcements