cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX420 no longer detected on wireless network

artspolice
Apprentice

I reset Windows 10 last week and now I can no longer set up my printer wirelessly. Have tried to do so in three different ways but none has worked. LAN is set to Private. I've searched extensively and have found no one else who has encountered this problem. Local computer repair shop had no theories. Printer works fine wired. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi artspolice,

You can try the WPS method of connecting your PIXMA MX420 to your wireless network.

There may be a physical button on your router that you can press to enable this or you may have to log into your router's web interface to perform this.  Please check your router's documentation for further details.

To perform the WPS setup for your PIXMA MX420, please follow the steps in this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART112415

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi artspolice,

You can try the WPS method of connecting your PIXMA MX420 to your wireless network.

There may be a physical button on your router that you can press to enable this or you may have to log into your router's web interface to perform this.  Please check your router's documentation for further details.

To perform the WPS setup for your PIXMA MX420, please follow the steps in this article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART112415

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks very much. Got this same advice from a printer repair shop and it solved the problem.

Announcements