cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MP970 won't install on Yosemite 10.10.3

calasaiter
Apprentice

Hello.  I've been trying for hours to install the PIXMA MP970 on my home network. I don't have the disk. When I look for the driver online, I get this message:  "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."  I have downloaded the Canon IJ Network Tool, but still can't get it to connect.  I connected the printer to my new laptop with USB running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, but no matter which way I try to connect to the network, automatically or manually, nothing works.  I made sure all the settings in the printer are the same as the network settings. Any help will be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you, Ramona.  I called Canon that day I posted.  Someone at Canon told me it would be impossible to use that printer with Yosemite.  😞   So I bought another printer for $68 at Costco.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi calasaiter,

We do not have drivers for the PIXMA MP970 compatible with the Yosemite operating system; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for other options available to you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Ramona.  I called Canon that day I posted.  Someone at Canon told me it would be impossible to use that printer with Yosemite.  😞   So I bought another printer for $68 at Costco.  

I found that downloading and installing the Canon IJ Network Tool (Yosemite version) and the CUPS printer driver Mount Lion version (i.e. OS/X 10.8) did the trick for me. System Preferences took a few extra seconds to find the printer (although it detected the scanner quickly without these downloads) when I tried to add it. 

So if you haven't already bought a replacement, you might want to try such first!

Announcements