cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MP495 Printer Not Printing/Connecting to new Macbook Air M1 with OS Big Sur

he110mcfly
Apprentice
  • I am having issues connecting/printing with my new Macbook Air to my Canon MP495 printer. It worked fine with my 2017 macbook pro. I imagine it has something to do with the new M1 chip or Big Sur - wondering if there may be a driver update/fix on the way soon?
  • Currently I get a "missing usb class driver" message when sending something to print
  • I have tried resetting the print settings and am now unable to add the printer back
  • I did check Canon's site for a new driver but there doesn't appear to be one, as of now at least.
  • Seems like others may be having issues with other printer models as well, not just the MP495.
  • I thought a workaround might be to connect via Wifi to the printer, however, I have not been successful in my attempts to set this up, as the Canon IJ Network Tool does not seem to locate the printer and I cannot use a CD for setup.
3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Not just a problem with your devbice.

M1 MacBook Air "Missing USB Class Driver"… - Apple Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

johnschult
Apprentice

The MP495 is no longer supported after Mojave. I replaced mine with a TR8620. $179 on Amazon. 

Cavyann
Apprentice

Hi !

Same problem here but since I have both an intel mac running big sur, and an M1 mac running big sur, I can confirm the problem has to do with the M1... 

I can easily print from the older macbook through wifi...

Programed obsolescence I'm afraid...

Yann

Announcements