cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7720 Wireless setup and wrong MAC address

Patty1312
Apprentice
I've been trying to get my Mg7720 printer to connect wirelessly to my PC and iPhone for a day now. In the past 2 weeks it has been losing its connection. I reset the printer and then uninstall reinstalled the drivers/software on PC and got it to work until yesterday. It has printed once and then stopped again so I reset it and tried to reinstall the drivers again but it doesn't detect on the network after the first detection during setup. I notice when It did detect it using the wireless LAN setup the MAC address is different from the actual printer's MAC address. It wrong by only one letter but the rest of the address is correct. I think that might be causing it not to detect the printer after it initially runs the process How do I correct this, and why is it detecting the wrong MAC address? Thanks for any help.
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My printer has been losing its connection...  to what exactly?

Remember, we are not there to see your environment and are relying on the information you provide to better understand and assist.  

Each interface has a different MAC address that uniquely identifies it.  

Your printer has 2 MACs.

One for the ethernet Interface, and one for the wireless interface

Its not uncommon for manufacturers to assign MAC addresses with subsequent digit or letters.

A wireless router is the same.

One MAC address is assigned to the WAN and one to the LAN.  These can vary by one letter or digit as well.  

Here is an example.  My motherboard has 2 network adapters (eternet) 

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FC-XX-XX-XX-XX-60

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FC-XX-XX-XX-XX-61

They are the same except the last digit.  These happen to be numeric.  I don't think this is the reason for your issue.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patty1312
Apprentice
Hi, it's been losing its connection wirelessly to and from my Windows 10 PC. So I uninstalled and have been trying to reinstall the printer but when the setup gets to printer detection it's detecting the Direct Connection MAC address but not the other MAC address for the printer through wireless LAN.
Announcements