cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG7520 won't connect

ML2
Apprentice

I lost connection with the network and now I can't reconnect.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ML2,

Please click HERE for the steps to connect the printer to your network using the standard setup method.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

HI.  Thanks for that.  I should have been more specific.  This is what happens:  I press print and see that the computer is connected, the data are sent, it says it's printing and there is activity on the printer screen suggestive of the printing function, but then it just all goes away.  It just stops.  So I"m unable to print anything.  It's really strange.

Any further ideas?

Thank you!

Now the printer works sporadically.  To me, there's no rhyme nor reason to what's going on.

The messages I'm getting are that there has been a communication error.

Hi ML2.

If the printer is working sporadically, there's likely one of two issues at play.

If things sit in the print queue for a while, and then print all at once, then the printer has been set (or reset) on the computer to use the default drivers that come preinstalled.  Remove the printer from your Printers list, remove the driver from the All Programs or All Apps list (if they are present), and then reinstall the printer using the Canon-produced driver.  Canon-produced drivers for the MG7520 are available, free of charge, at https://ij.start.canon.

If the printer often reports as "unable to communicate" on the computer, check the printer's signal strength and distance from the wifi router or modem.  Ensure the printer is at least 2 ft away, and that the wifi signal strength on the printer reports as 70% or higher.  Printing the MG7520 Network Settings page.  If the problem persists even after confirming the above, then ensure the computer is not switching to a 5 GHz connection, and that the security software on the computer isn't blocking communication between the printer and computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements