cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6821 does not scan to email

czieb0120
Apprentice

I'm trying to scan to email using my printer, but its not connecting to my computer.  When I select ' Attach to email' it takes me to 'Select PC' and only lists 'Local (USB)'.  My printer is wirelessly connected, so a USB is not being used.  It lists no other PC's and I have searched endlessly on how to resolve this and cannot find the answer.  If I select 'Local (USB) and hit the Start button (either black or color, doesnt matter), it says, "Set the PC to start scanning".

When I open my scanner queue on my computer, I can scan as a document to my desktop, but thats not what I want to do.  I want my scan to go to my email. 

Anyone know how to fix this?  Judging from these forums a LOT of people have this issue.  WHY is this setup so difficult to do Canon people??

I've reset my LAN settings.  I've deleted the printer and reinstalled it on my computer.  I'm not sure what else there is I can do.  

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, czieb0120!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm running on a Mac OS X

Hi czieb0120,

When scanning from the computer, IJ Scan Utility does allow the option to attach to an email.

• Open IJ Scan Utility.
  • Press "Settings."
  • Select "Document" on the left.
  • Select "Attach to Email."
  • Choose your email program from the drop down menu.
  • Press OK.
  • Place your orginal.
  • Press "Document."

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm trying to scan to email using my printer, but its not connecting to my computer.  When I select ' Attach to email' it takes me to 'Select PC' and only lists 'Local (USB)'.  My printer is wirelessly connected, so a USB is not being used.  It lists no other PC's and I have searched endlessly on how to resolve this and cannot find the answer.  If I select 'Local (USB) and hit the Start button (either black or color, doesnt matter), it says, "Set the PC to start scanning". I'm using Widows 7. Please help.  

Announcements