Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

PIXMA MG5520 worked fine for over a year, now it loses the wireless connection to the access point.

PIXMA MG5520 worked fine for over a year, now it loses the wireless connection to the access point. Have tried reconnecting by following WLAN setuo steps, finding the access point, enetering the pass word, and the printer commencts to the access point.  After printing one print job the printer loses connection.  Have unplugged power, no help same status.

VIP

Re: PIXMA MG5520 worked fine for over a year, now it loses the wireless connection to the access poi

I would advise using a network cable, if your setup allows for it.  A hard-wired network connection will be about 3-10x faster than the wireless connection, anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
New Contributor

Re: PIXMA MG5520 worked fine for over a year, now it loses the wireless connection to the access poi

Trying to wireless connect a MG5520 printer to a MacOS version10.12.6. Arrived at "Enter access point name". 

What is access point and where do I Get it?