cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3520 won't connect to new router and network

mnallhbc
Apprentice

I just purchased a new router and modem for faster wifi and when trying to print to my canon pixma mg3520 printer, the error message, "Printer not responding" came up. I have restarted my laptop, printer, and router with no success. I have disabled my firewall protection while reinstalling the printer applications with no success. The message after the installation process is completed and it is searching for the network reads, "The printer could not be detected on the network". At this point, I disabled firewall protections and hit the "redetect" button but still no success. The only page I was able to print was a "Network Configuration Page" which still indicates it recognizes and wants to connect to the old network SSID. What are the specific steps I need to take in order to change its recognition of the old SSID to the new SSID? The help pages do not give enough specifics as to how exactly I am supposed to make changes so that I may be able to connect my printer to the new network and thus I have finally, after hours of researching and taking all the necessary steps as outlined by the canon support page, resorted to making a post on this community forum in hopes someone may be able to help me with my particular situation. I am using Windows 10 as well. The USB cable that came with the printer has been misplaced but I am wondering if that is the only way I will be able to connect the printer to my laptop and print?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It is possible to set up the printer with or without a USB cable.  Since you have purchased a new router and are using a different SSID and security, you will need to perform set up on the printer again so it can associate with the new network.  Once done, you will be able to re-install it on your machine.

I reccommend remove the the printer and uninstall its software from the system.  Restart and perform set up again using the instructions below.  

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

MG3520 Drivers are here

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mnallhbc,

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem.  Canon Pixma MG3520, Mac running Catalina OS.  Changed routers and then printer doesn't connect.  I uninstalled the printer and am trying to reinstall it.  When I follow directions on the website to install driver and re-set up to connect to wifi, I get a message that the set-up software I downloaded from the site is outdated and does not work with my OS.  Troubleshooting says that MG3520 will work with Catalina, so how do I get them to talk to each other again?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements