cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG....can someone please help me with this!

Whinneas
Apprentice

I am sure it's way simpler than all get out but trying to connect my ts6420 to, at least, my work MacBook using my hotspot. Where I live my best choice was just using my phone with 2 numbers...one dedicated for the hotpot so I never have to worry. From what I see and understand (well, kinda sorta) it can be done but this pea brain of mine just cannot grasp how to get this hooked up. 

Even if someone can guide me to a better tutorial with really easy/good steps to get it hooked up? The Canon manuals etc just are not helping me and I'm just way too confused. 

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

While its possible to connect 2 devices on a hotspot, this type of connection will require constant management in order to work.  Each and every time you want to print.  

What the printer supports:

Hi-Speed USB
Wireless PictBridge
Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n wireless networking, 2.4 GHz)
Bluetooth 4.0 LE

If I were you, I would use a USB connection.  This will be much more reliable and require the least amount of mangement. Attempting to use a hotspot to connect devices you intend to use on a permanent basis will end in frustration.

Another option would be Bluetooth and using the Print/Selphy App from a mobile device.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you so much for this info...I was wondering about this as even just trying to get through it all, it kept bouncing around hooking up to connections not intended...and then there is the trouble with so many opinions out there! One minute hopeful, the next, not so much. 

So...I am heading out to get a USB cable...none came with the printer. And will do that for the Macbook...

...but hopefully can use the app for my devices when needing to print from them, I am assuming I can. 😏

Thank you very much, Rick. 

Greetings,

This one for iPhone:

‎Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY on the App Store (apple.com)

This one for Android:

Canon Print Service - Apps on Google Play

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements