cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that Google Cloud Print is going away how do I get my MX922 to connect to my Chromebox wireless

Toolfriend
Contributor

Now that Google cloud print is going away how do I get my MX922 to connect wirelessly. I have been through all the steps but the MX922 is not listed as a choice. Is there another printer that is close to the MX922 that I could select in its place?

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Okay, I downloaded an Chromebook emulator (CloudReady) to see if there were differences from my Chromebook.  It looks like there were.

I don't know which version you've got but if it's more like the instructions from the mod, which is what the CloudReady emulator was like, then we need to modify the install a little from what I said in my post.

So, follow the mods install instructions and at step 6 it should show a popup named "Add a printer manually" with all the fields mentioned in the mods post.  You'll need to put a printer name ("Canon MX922" or whatever you want to see when you go to print) and the IP address of your printer on your network.  The IP address is important and must be set correctly for things to work.  Check your printer if you don't know it and keep in mind that it can always change depending on how your network is configured so you may need to update this in the future.  Leave Protocol to IPP and Queue to ipp/print.  Click ADD.

At this point you'll get to the "Advanced printer configuration" screen.  You can go back and follow the instructions I gave for this earlier since it's the same from here on.  In short, leave the Manufacturer and Model blank and browse to get PPD file.  ADD the printer and you should be finished.  A new printer should appear with whatever name you gave it ("Canon MX922" or whatever).

The emulator seemed to support more features, like duplex printing, than my actual Chromebook so maybe things will work with these different instructions?

View solution in original post

OMG! You are a genius. Works perfectly. How will I ever thank you? It has been so long. Bless you. I could not figure why I could print from the Canon Print App on my phone perfectly but not connect from my Asus CN62 Chromebox. I just ordered a new Asus Chromebox 4. I hope your PPD works from that. Again Thank you so much. You are the best!

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

I found that PPD. It is in a post on Reddit by PuzzleheadedYak9388 from April. He provides a link to his Dropbox with the PPD and a PDF help file as well. Hope that helps.

Do you still have that PPD file? I also have the MX922 and my chromebooks won't print... so frustrating.

Thanks!

I'll send you a PM.

Hello mc2021,

Please send me the ppd file. I have a canon mx920 series printer.

Thanks!

I sent you a PM.

I didn't get anything. 😞

can you send again?

If you have a chance to send the ppd file to me, that would be fantastic.

Hi there.  Could you send me the instructions on how to get my MX920 to work and to v=create the right type of file?  Thanks a bunch!

Hello, can yo send me the ppd file? I have an MX920 and cant seem to find a solution to print.

I sent you a PM.

I've also made the file info available on r/chromeos on Reddit.  You can just search for "Canon MX922 PPD" and it should come up in the results.

Announcements