cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MG7720 not recognized after wireless setup

tdanielr
Apprentice

Just bought a new MG7720.  I'm running Windows 8.  Started the install process off the CD, and it seemed to be working.  It recognized the printer and brought me through the wireless setup process and the printer said it was set up wirelessly.  When it went to the next step of installing drivers (Step 3), it would not find the printer again so the installation stalled there.  I went through the troubleshooting steps and everything is OK with the wireless setup (SSID number match etc.).  I tried setting up the wireless again with the WPS button on my router--even when it would not recognize the printer in step 2.  Again it set up on the printer but it was not recognized in step 3 on the set up.  I tried resettng the LAN setting and starting again and now it won't even recognize the printer in step 2.  I tried just using the driver install off the CD but again  it would not recognize there was a printer.   CAn someone help get me unstuck?  

8 REPLIES 8

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the WPS connection continues to time-out using the WPS button that is physically on your router, try performing the standard setup instead.  Try the following:

1. Go to the Home menu or press the Home button.

2. Use the up or down arrow keys until Setup appears, then select Setup.

3. Select Device Settings and press OK.

4. Select LAN Settings.

5. Select Wireless LAN Setup.

6. Select Standard Setup.

Once there, follow the remaining prompts to connect the unit to your router.

If you continue to have difficulties with the connection process, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The problem is not the printer itself.  It will connect to wireless through both WPS or standard set up.  The problem is that after the wifi is set up, the next step is to install the drivers.  It is at this step that the driver installation program will not recognize the printer exists.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sheaster12
Apprentice
I had a similar issues but my printer won't accept our network key (or passphrase) so I can't continue the setup. What do I need to do? The printer is finding our wireless router but it won't accept the key

Hi Sheaster12,

Please make sure that the password that you are entering on your PIXMA MG7720 is correct.  The password is case sensitive, please make sure you are entering upper case and lower case letters correctly.  Please use the button in the lower left hand corner of the LCD screen to switch between upper case, lower case, numbers and special characters.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

rgr2000
Apprentice

I have the same issue, I have windows 10, I already try to contact support and the answerr was I cannot do anything I do not know windows, this customer service sucks, if someone want to conmtact me the case number was 3007335422, horrible experience... and product

remlapnibor
Apprentice

THis sucks, I ahve exactly the same issue reported many times.  My setup does not see the printer on the wirless network on a windows 10 amchine.  I ahve wasted an hour already tryign to figure this out and am reayd to send this piece of crap back.  Help or I am gone forever as a customer.

Hi remlapnibor,

If you have any antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer, as these programs can sometimes block the detection and successful installation of the printer.  Once the printer is installed successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.  

If you still experience difficulty after disabling the protection software, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Announcements