cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New MG5720 not connecting?

ragman
Apprentice
I just bought a MG5720 wireless printer and cannot get my Windows 10 computer to recognize it?
5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/setup_mg5700_win.pdf

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks jrhoffman75. Followed the instructions through to the point of "Printers on Network List", where the new printer is the only one listed. When I press "Next", the new screen shows "Connection failed. Use another method for setup.", which is exactly the problem that I had originally. I don't understand why the connection is failing if the installation program recognizes the printer?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, Thanks for your time and effort to help with this issue. Noting your location, I spent a week in the Conway, NH area about 6-7 years ago. Had a great time. Stayed at a place called the Christmas Farm or something like that? On the printer issue, because I'm hearing impaired, I used the email support option, which worked out very well. Here's what solved the problem... Thank you for contacting Canon product support. It looks like your printer is in Access Point Mode rather than connected to the wireless network. You can connect to the network right from the printer operations panel. Full instructions can be found HERE. (This took me through IDing the network and providing the password to the printer. I also ran a quick test and provided them with the results, which let them to this answer. That's really all it took to resolve the issue.) Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Thank you for choosing Canon.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi ragman. Glad Canon got you on line.

Christmas Farm Inn in Jackson NH. Very nice place.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements