cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Scanning with MX922 ?

West_Freeman
Contributor

I am have trouble with network scanning with my MX922.  

I have Canon IJ Scan Utiliity 1.1.1 on my Mac with Mac OS 10.10.1 

I always get an error message when trying to do a scan over the network. Here it is:

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner is turned off.

- USB cable is disconnected.

Please check and try again.

Scanner driver will be closed.

Does the printer not scan over the network?  I am trying to take my computer out of the the print / scan lop.  It also seams as though I have to unplug the usb and replug the usb every time the computer restarts - ODD.  

14 REPLIES 14

West_Freeman
Contributor
So no one has a hint to how to fix this? Please someone out there must.

Hello West_Freeman!

Thank you for your inquiry on the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

I am having trouble getting my scanner over wireless working I get an error that say "An error has occurred , Turn off the device and try again, error code: 2,250,200" I have been able to scan ONE time. The software has been updated and my MX922 is 2 weeks old.

Skip

Hello Gnstorm01!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I use Windows 8.1 , and I connect via wireless. Printing is fine just cannot scan

Hi West_Freeman and gnstorm01,

You will want to ensure that any necessary ports and programs required for scanning are not being blocked by security or firewall programs that may be installed on your computer.  To view the necessary ports required by the printer and associated software, please click here.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I will say that I have called and the tech put the blame on the Router that I have.

I will say that I have replaced my router with in the last 6 months and it is very close by.  

Passing the buck is not good tech support 

The Wireless scanning is just not finished on this product.  

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue.

Hi JECCALI,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what operating system you have on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X).  

We look forward to hearing from you!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements