cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Configuration Page on a Canon iP7220

The_Hat
Contributor

I recently changed my Wireless Router and now my printer won't connect to it.

I believe the problem is in the Network Configuration of the printer. The defaut gateway of the new router is 192.168.50.1 and the IP Address on the Canon iP7220 printer Network Configuration Page is 192.168.0.185.

Since I have many other devices connected to the router I can't change the IP Address of the default gateway. What I need to do is either change the IP Address of the printer in the printer Network Configuration or do a Factory Reset of the printer

Does anyone know how I can either clear the Network Configuration Page in the printer or do a factory reset of a Canon iP7200 printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi The_Hat,

The iP7220 should not have to be reset in order to connect it to your new router.  Please try using the WPS method to connect your iP7220 to your wireless network.

WPS.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi The_Hat,

The iP7220 should not have to be reset in order to connect it to your new router.  Please try using the WPS method to connect your iP7220 to your wireless network.

WPS.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

That is one of the things I tried before I submitted a New Topic.

Previously I tried installing a new driver but that didn't work. I was going to try connecting the printer using a USB connection however I no longer can find the USB cord designed to be used with the printer. I bought this printer over 10 years ago andI can no longer find the cord.

Hi Patrick,

As usual things happen with Windows 10 that I find hard to explain. After replying to you yesterday, today I had the occasion to uninstall another totally unrelated application.

After completing the uninstall it was necessary for me to "Restart" my computer and when I did my Canon started printing all of the documents that were in queue.

With that I'm happy to say your directions were in fact the "Best Answer" and I thank you for responding to my request.

Announcements