cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear AC1000 wont assign my Cannon MX922 an IP address or a name.

GreenBean59
Apprentice

I have tried multiple things now. power cycling router and the printer. assigning a static IP address to the printer. redoing the WLAN settings multiple times. I have attached a photo of the network configuration page and a screen shot of the router informtation. You'll notice the MAC addresses match, and that an IP address isn't being assigned to the printer, but it is assigning IP addresses to other devices. It simply has a "--" in the IP and name field.

pritner network settings.jpgrouter devices.png

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer will only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast.

Can you confirm your router is a R6080?  (This will be on the bottom of the device).  AC1000 is a speed designation, not a model #, 

While troubleshooting, it may simplify things if you temporarily disable access control.  If your model and firmware support SMART connect, disabling this temporarily will also help during the troubleshooting process.

What I see.  Your routers LAN IP is 192.168.1.1.  Your printer is expecting an IP in 192.168.0.x LAN segment according to the printers Network Configuration page.

If you want to use a static IP, you will need to use an address in the 192.168.1.x LAN segment.

Printer's IP address can be anything in 192.168.1.2 ~ 192.168.1.254, but I would recommend using something at the top or bottom of your DHCP pool range and (even better) limiting the pool and using an IP which is above or below the pool of addresses available for assignment by the router.

or

Use the routers address reservation feature and assign an IP to the printer's MAC address.  Important: the printer must be set to DHCP to accept assignment.  Once set on the router, restarting the printer with DHCP enabled will allow it to accept the address you have reserved.  

For reference:

Defaults for your router:

LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

SM: 255.255.255.0

GW: 192.168.1.1

Default DHCP Pool Range: 192.168.1.2 ~ 192.168.1.254

This might also be useful:

AC1000 WiFi Router (netgear.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements