cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computers/Android's can't find my MF632cw on wireless network

Brendangrasse
Apprentice
I recently experienced a power outage at my house that seems to have fried my router (netgear N600), and I had to switch to a spare router (netgear N900).

While the N600 was in use all of the windows ten computers and both android devices could find the printer and print to it on the network without downloading software.

With the N900 router none of the devices can find it, I had to use a usb plug in to print to it.

The N900 is a dual band 2.4G and 5G router.

I have confirmed all devices (including the printer) are connected to the 2.4g band.

I was able to find an update for the firmware on the printer, so it is connected and on the internet and all devices pull up web pages successfully.

Help😲
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Brendangrasse
Apprentice
I had to factory reset the router and redo all of the set up but this fixed the problem. Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Brendangrasse.

Please confirm the IP Address of the printer by following the steps below:

[Status Monitor] >  [Network Information] >  [IPv4] > Select the setting to view > Check the settings

Once you have confirmed the IP address, please open a new tab in the web browser, and then type the IP Address into the address bar. Next, tap the Enter key on the keyboard. Are you able to view the remote user interface for the printer in the computer browser or Android browser?

If you are able to see the remote UI, please turn off all devices and then reset your wireless router. Next, try printing from the devices again. If you are unable to see the remote UI, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Brendangrasse
Apprentice
I had to factory reset the router and redo all of the set up but this fixed the problem. Thank you!
Announcements