cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer does'nt recognise the MX475 printer.

OMT
Apprentice

I have installed a new MX 475 printer. The wifi setup is all ok but, my computer does'nt recognise the printer. I don't have a cd drive so couldn't use the cd provided. I downloaded the drivers and software as recommended on the Canon webb site, but no recognition by the computer. Can anybody help please.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Confirm the printer is in fact connected to your 2.4Ghz wireless network by logging into your router and verifying its connected.  This will also allow you to get its IP address. 

Optional recommendation - give the printer a static IP address.  This can be reserved using the printers MAC address.  Once done, power cycle the printer so it will be assign the IP reserved previously.

Next step, Mac or PC.  Add the printer using its IP address.  You will know this address by the steps you performed previously.  The software shoud now see the printer.  The IJ Networking tool can also be used to get the software to see the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Shadowsports. Thanks for your reply...all working now. :))

@OMTwrote:

Hi Shadowsports. Thanks for your reply...all working now. :))

Glad it helped. 

Cheers.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements