cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer can't find the printer on the network (PIXMA MG5420 with Windows 7)

kkbrewer
Apprentice

I'm trying to install the PIXMA MG5420 on my Windows 7 and I keep getting this message that says my computer can't detect the printer on the network. I have a router set up. I checked the signal strength of the printer (86%) and the connection (active). I don't have a USB cable for the printer because it didn't come with one and should be wireless. I would really like to get my printer installed. Please help!

35 REPLIES 35

andyswarbs
Apprentice

Twice I have fixed this recurring problem on my home network by changing the name of my wifi router and reconnecting all my devices.  No re-installation required.

With a Canon MG6620 the printer can never be detected when using "mp68-win-mg6200-1_02-ejs.exe" version driver. This used to be the driver listed here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

but it has since been replaced with the driver that always worked which is version "mp68-win-mg6600-1_01-ejs.exe"

Bottom line use an old version of the driver or look here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support and find the driver for your model and try again. Since Canon removed the not working 1.02 driver version for the MG6620 it is likely they also removed the driver that was causing problems for other models.

Same problem as others here - on new laptop (Windows 10) tried to connect to my MX922 - showed up as my default printer but would not print. I finallly followed recommendation in earlier post to link to Canon site and download drivers (autodetected) for Windows 10. While I had no luck linking to printer from downloaded file via Wireless LAN, I found success by following last-ditch instructions to download to printer by USB - this worked without any hitch and I now have full wireless LAN printing function.

spice3d
Apprentice

This is an old thread, but I'm going to add my 2 cents and a possible solution.

I've got a Pixma MG5320 which was working fine via WiFi before I got an Asus RT-AC88U router. For whatever reason, the router just doesn't let the printer connect. The odd part is that the printer settings look fine and even acquires a proper IP address. My solution was to connect my old router behind the Asus router and connect the printer to the old router's WiFi. This instantly solved the problem. I've posted more in-depth details here: http://www.seriouslytrivial.com/2017/07/04/canon-pixma-mg5320-not-compatible-with-asus-rt-ac88u-rout...

Crazyboll
Apprentice

Hey I had the same issue after checking that everything was connected I decided to unplug my router and modem and just let it restart it set again. Then it magically started to work again. After a hour of seeing that the printer was connected wirelessly and all drivers wear installed. It just needed to be restarted by unplugging the modem and router and plugging it back on. Problem solved for me 

I have been having with my Printer connecting through wifi, been through all the troubleshoot options but nothing seems to work. The printer works fine and the issue only arised when I changed routers because I changed internet provider. I now have to print through USB which is a little bit of a pain as the printer isn't so close to the pc. If there is anyway to fix this it would be great. Aslo I am on windows 10.

Announcements