cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA MG 5220 has stopped working via wireless, works OK with USB, network is good, router is OK

beaneater33
Apprentice

Any ideas? Anyone? Printer no longer responds to wireless print commands. 

6 REPLIES 6

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Thanks John - Mac 10.11.3 & I got it working after re-entering the access point several times!

Losing a wireless connection with Canon printers seems to be a frequent complaint.  I've heard rumors that one cause of the issue is that when the printer goes to sleep, it may re-acquire a different IP address.  The only way to communicate with it is to perform a network reset, which disconnects and re-acquires everybody/everything.....not good.

To make a long story short, assign a fixed IP address to the printer.  I'm going to test the rumor out the next time I have a long weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah. This just happened to me today as well.  On a mac 10.9.5. Have done absolutely nothing software related in months.  The airport extreme app on my computer will SAY it's connected via WPS and it also works via PIN or First Printer Detected but printer won't ever get out of "Connecting to the Access Point".  The printer software doesn't see anything. My printer is a 5420 model.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of these issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your prompt reply.  It would seem the same solution that worked for the OP worked for me as well.  Repeated attempts.  I finally did reset the entire printer as well.  Hopefully this issue will not crop up again.  The only other element that was thrown into the mix the day it stopped working was a laptop that was new to the network.  Don't know if it's presense would somehow screw things up.  Anyway, things are back to nomal again.

Dan

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements