cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MG3500 stopped working. It still copies, but won't print from my computer any more.

steamboatvail
Apprentice

I have an MG3500 printer stopped working wirelessly. I set up the printer and it worked fine. Then, suddenly, it stopped working. I send something to print and it says there is a printer error. I tried to set up the connection again several times and each time it tell me that the printer cannot be detected on the network. Nothing has changed except that it no longer will print wirelessly.

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi steamboatvail,

You can try reinstalling the latest printer drivers available from the Canon USA website to see if this will restore the connection between your printer and the network.  Before reinstalling the drivers, please ensure that the wireless setting of the printer is enabled by following these steps:

1.  Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes 18 times.

2.  Release the Stop button.

3.  Press the Color Start button.

After following the above steps, please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG3520.  Once on the initial download page for the printer, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS" section and click the FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the file, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to reinstall the printer drivers.  Should you still experience difficulty after reinstalling the drivers, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

having this same issue. Have reset to factory, moved printer next to router, tried USB setup - it simply will not connect.

was working fine.

It says cannot detect the printer.

The software installation fails.

I am not using it wirelessly.

Hi cjbavaro,

I would try using a different usb port on your computer. If using a different usb port does not work, please let us know how long the printer usb cable is and what version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer? 

We look forward to hearing from you.

cjbavaro
Apprentice
Fixed it myself. Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.

faylagibson
Contributor

Hello

I have had the same issue and I tried everything I could think of, also paid BestBuy and Geek Squad to repair the issue but it worked for a few moment only nothing was working. Somehow I found Asus support people number online  +1-800-210-6150 and I spoke to them about my issue, They guided me with few steps and then finally they fixed it. I would recommend you to speak to them for yours. You will be...READ MORE

Announcements