05-08-2017 10:53 AM
So I can better understand what is happening, may I ask you some questions?
How is your MF220 series printer connecting to your computer, with a USB or via your network?
If you are using it on your network, did you manually set a "static" IP Address for your MF220 series printer or does your router automatically assign your printer's IP Address?
If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.
05-08-2017 11:54 AM
It is wired LAN. I took off the fire wall thinking that would help. Not sure that is the issue and haven't used it enough with that settitng to know. It is an autodetect IP and I do not know how to set it to manual.
05-14-2018 09:14 AM
I have a MF210 so I don't know if it's exactly the same but I followed these steps:
- Canon MF210 tab
- Options & Supplies tab
- Supply Levels tab
- More info tab
- Hitting this tab should open a webpage for your Canon printer (just hit "ok" if it asks for password)
- On the upper right of page hit the Settings/Registration tab
- On the upper left of this page select the Timer Settings tab
- Select EDIT in the upper right corner
- On the last line change Auto Offline Time to "0".
My printer has never gone offline since I made this change. Hope this helps.