cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx922 not able to connect

dracenfield
Apprentice

Here is my setup:

I have a desktop connected by ethernet cable to my router which is a Linksys WRT 1900 AC which in turn is hosting a wireless network (of course).  I have a laptop connected to the wireless network and the laptop can access the printer with no problems.  However, the desktop, connected through the ethernet port, cannot locate the printer.  I have tried clearing the router's network table and resetting the printer to factory settings.

I have recently replaced all the internals of my computer and had to reinstall everything.  Before the reinstall it was connecting fine.  Now, even with the driver software, it cannot connect to the printer.  If anyone has any idea what can be done I would really appreciate the advice.  Using my laptop is all well and good, but for school work, a desktop is king.

I forgot to mention - both desktop and laptop are running Windows 10.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The printer should be able to communicate with the desktop if they are connected to the same router.  Does your computer connect to a VPN or external network?  If so, you would have to disconnect and remain on the local network in order to access the printer.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements