cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx920 Wireless printing problem

slashmon1
Apprentice

I have just bought an mx920, beautiful printer I may point out, it worked well for the first two days but I cannot print as of today, I connect to the printer wirelessly and all my computers are Macs.

The printer is connected to the network properly and my computer shows that it has an active connectiong, but when I click print the printer goes to "in use" and then goes offline, and the Print Que says "Printer not connected" 

I've tried connecting the printer to the network again, and I have restarted the printer along with my computers but it still wont work. 

Please help 

159 REPLIES 159

Hi NoWake200,

Please let the printer sleep several hours and then print the Network Configuration Page to check if you see an IPv4 IP Address and confirm that Wireless LAN DRX is set to Disable.

1.  Press the Menu button.

2.   Select  Setup, then press the OK button.

3.  Select  Device settings, then press the OK button.

4.  Use the UPDOWN button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.

5.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Confirm LAN Settings, then press the OK button.

6.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Print LAN Details, then press the OK button.

7.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Yes.  The LAN Details sheet will be printed.

8.  Press the OK button to clear the message on the screen and return to Confirm LAN settings.

• Is Wireless LAN DRX is set to Disable If it is enabled, you should disable it.

From the LAN Settings menu:

1.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Other settings, then press the OK button

2.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Wireless LAN DRX setting, then press the OK button.

3.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Disable, then press the OK button.  This will return you to Other Settings menu.

• Is there an IPv4 IP Address?   If there is no IPv4 IP Address when the printer wakes, disable IPv6.

From the LAN Settings menu:

1.  Use the UPDOWN button to select TCP/IP settings, then press the OK button.

2.  Use the UPDOWN button to select IPv6, then press the OK button.

3.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Yes at confirmation screen [LAN communication may be disabled depending on your environment. Set this setting?] then press the OK button.

4.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Enable/disable IPv6, then press the OK button

5.  Use the UPDOWN button to select  Disable, then press the OK button.

This will return you to IPv6 settings menu where you can press MENU to exit to the main menu.

Please let us know the results!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Julius and thank you for the detailed reply, it is much appreciated!

I ran the report and theWire LAN DRX is “enabled”.

Regarding the IPv4 & IPv6 this is what I am seeing…

TCP/IP Version                  IPv4 & IPv6
IPv4 IP Address                 (blank/no address)
IPv4 Default Gateway        (blank)
Subnet Mask                      (blank)
IPv6IP Address                  (blank/no address)
IPv6 Default Gateway        (blank)

Lastly something else that I noticed was this…

Signal Strength                  0[%]

Thank you again for your time and thoughts!

Rick

rom the Confirm LAN Settings menu:

1.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Other settings, then press the OK button

2.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Wireless LAN DRX setting, then press the OK button.

3.  Use the UPDOWN button to select Disable, then press the OK button.  This will return you to Other Settings menu.

----------------

In the Confirm LAN Settings menu I do not have "Other Settings" option, just WLAN setting list, LAN setting list (which I cannot access), Print LAN details.

Thanks, Julius. I tried the other suggestions in this discussion thread to no avail, but this one worked.

I was pretty frustrated as I've set up many printers in the past with no problems and to have this one fail after only the first use is something Canon should address. I suggest including the information you provided as part of the setup instructions or configuring the printer in this manner before it leaves the warehouse to avoid frustrating your customers. 

FYI: I am on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.3

I followed your instructions but it still does not print wirelessly. I can print from my mini ipad wirelessly but not my PC. I have windows 7.

I was able to print from my PC wirelessly from the beginning (Windows 7).  I installed the software that came with the printer.  The biggest problem that I had was with my Mac.  Also, even on the PC, I had to turn the printer off and back on again to print wirelessly, if I hadn't printed for a while.  Setting the channel on the router helped both of those things.

Were you able to successfully connect the printer to the router using the wireless setup on the printer?

Forget about urgent. This is aged. Why not just post the solution here.

I am giving up and Going to throw it in the garbage and go buy a HP, I bought a wireless printer to be able to print wireless, have done what they said at least 50 times. 

Joepirate
Apprentice

I want to add my name to the list. I thought it was my router and so I went out to buy a new one. Well it is the printer that keeps getting disabled and not any of my hardware. Everything else connects seamlessy. Maybe if enough of us post and use social media then they will assign a Program Manager to fix this persistent and irritating issue. Pleas help us Canon! Thanks.

JC

CanonIssues
Apprentice

Me too.

Disabled Wireless LAN DRX

Disabled IPv6

Current firmware installed.

"Printer not responding".

How completely frustrating!  I replaced an older model Canon printer with this one.  How can a newer product devolve from a previous model?  Bad, bad, bad Canon.  Never again will I buy another Canon product (p.s., I'm a photographer).

Announcements