11-05-2015 03:35 AM - edited 11-05-2015 03:40 AM
My wife can print to MX892 via wifi and it was working before I upgrade to windows 10.
after windows 10 , no longer able to print.
1. tried reset wifi and also reboot printer but still not working in windows .
2. tried download drivers from Canon (2015) still not working.
3. tried using wired instead, still not working.
4. look for dhcp assigned IP, go into web based and assign static ip, still not working. (of course step 4&5, you need to redefine the ports to tcp/ip), still not working.
5. remove all printers from control panel (devices and printers).
6. add printer (devices and printers) and let windows auto detect (Canon MX890 series Printer WS).and setup drivers...etc.
After step 6 I am able to print , still not able to fully get all features to work example ink status...etc. better than unable to print at all.
12-03-2015 07:09 PM
printer says busy,
but there it sits lazily,
where is my hammer
My MX series printer used to print only some of the time, which was frustrating. Now at least it is consistent and never works. Not impressed Canon. Not impressed.
12-03-2015 07:14 PM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!
The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
02-24-2016 01:40 PM
i've tried for a week to get my canon to print wirelessly (after months of it printing wirelessly it suddenly stopped, though the wireless connection was fine). Troubleshooting with every troubleshooter available through the printer and my pc, resetting the Lan connection, reinstalling the software, turning the PC, modem and printer on and off, changing upteen settings, pulling out my hair--nothing worked although I am pretty computer literate.
I finally found these instructions -- after countless hours of searching the web. I followed each step and viola---success. Hoping and praying that it continues to work for at least a few months, heck, I'll be thrilled with more than a few weeks. Saving these instructions to a safe place on my PC for future reference.... And what the hey, I also just printed (yey!) and taped them to the wall behind my printer where my growing sheets of instructions hang out-literally!! Thank you for this precious info. I knew it was insane to connect through the usb cord and THEN changing the connection to wireless (as instructed on the installation cd) since no subsequent change was ever being made to the printer port settings.
02-24-2016 01:42 PM
Here are the instructions I was refering to:
Reinstalling your PIXMA MX922 should resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MX922's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Click on Start and then Run. If Run is not in your Start menu, please follow these steps to add it:
2-1. Click Start.
2-2. Right click the Start menu and left click on Properties.
2-3. Click on the Customize button next to 'Start Menu'.
2-4. In the Customize Start Menu window, place a checkmark next to 'Run Command'.
2-5. Click OK in the Customize Start Menu window.
2-6. Click OK in the Properties window.
3. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
4. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
5. Double click the folder named WIN.
6. Double click the folder named Driver.
7. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
8. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, please double click DELDRV64.
9. In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.
Once complete, please follow these steps:
1. Click on Start and then Run.
2. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
3. Double click the folder named WIN.
4. Double click the folder named Driver.
5. Double click the folder named LAN.
6. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
7. In the Run box click ok.
8. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
Once complete, restart the computer.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Press the <Menu> button on your PIXMA MX922.
2. Select Setup and press the <OK> button.
3. Select Device settings and press <OK>.
4. Select LAN settings and press <OK>.
5. Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.
6. Select Other setup and press <OK>.
7. Select Advanced setup and press <OK>.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.
9. Take out and then reinsert the CDROM that came with the PIXMA MX922. The setup program will start automatically.
10. If the Autoplay screen appears, click Run and then Continue.
11. Click on Easy Install.
12. When the Easy Install screen appears, click Install and then "Use the printer with wireless LAN connection" and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
For additional assistance, there are guides that can be viewed by following this link:
03-05-2016 01:37 AM
I have tried to report this before, but never gotten a response. This printer is worthless! I have even paid for professionals to come to our home to fix it. As soon as they leave, it doesn't work. I think that Canon should reimburse everyone who has spent their hard earned money on this worthless printer.
03-06-2016 08:43 AM
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more about how your printer isn't working. Which Canon printer model do you have? And in what specific way(s) is it not working?
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
03-06-2016 11:39 AM
I have the MX920 wireless printer (see subject above). Every time I try to print, I have turn the machine off and then turn it back on. This defeats the whole purpose of having a "wireless" printer. This is by far the worst printer that I have ever had. It was a complete waste of money purchasing this machine!
03-09-2016 09:13 AM
Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.