cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mg3222 No access when security is enabled on router

Djcamp
Apprentice
Mg 3222 printer. With new linksys ac1200 smart wifi router. Cannot find access point using wps, or with downloaded install. Finds other access points further away.router and printer are less than 2 feet apart, if I remove all security from the router, the download install can find the access point. Enable security and it will not find it. I have tried several different security protocols, and have had no luck as of yet.
Router setup is as follows if it helps.
2.4ghz network
Network enabled
Network name linksys61407
Password **************
Security mode wpa2 personal
Network mode mixed
Channel width 20hz
Channel auto

Side note: this is a dual network router 2.4ghz and 5ghz
Thank you
1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi DJcamp,

Since you are able to connect to the router without security enabled, there appears to be something on the router blocking the communication between your printer and computer.  I recommend checking with your router manufacturer for setup suggestions or to see what additional security features are enabled when you use the WPS feature.

If your computer is connected to the router and you have a USB cable available, try the setup process again using the cable temporarily.  This will transfer the correct SSID and passphrase from your computer to the printer to allow the two devices to connect to the same router/network.

For more information on how to perform this setup, view one of the following articles from our Knowledge Base:

How to perform the wireless setup using a USB cable (Windows)

How to perform the wireless setup using a USB cable (Mac OS X)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements