cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 + Canon Pixma MG7120

ritaallen307
Contributor

I have been using my Pixma MG7120 wirelessly with my MacBook Pro (currently running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6) for the past 4 years.  Suddenly, my MacBook is not seeing my printer. Both are on the same wireless network, all drivers have been updated on the printer. I have now reset my printer configuration on my macbook and restarted. Now when I try to add the printer back to my MacBook, it isn't even seeing the printer. So very frustrating. Should I just throw in the towel and buy a new printer? My processor is an Intel Core i7, so 64-bit. I can't help but think this has something to do with the issue, and the update to HighSierra.  Is it still compatible with my printer?

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your printer is absolutely compatible with OS HighSierra 10.13

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

The CUPS driver provides Printing function

The ICA Driver provides Scanning capability

Drivers are also available for Mojave and Catalina should you decide to update further.

Your CPU has nothing to do with this and is just fine.

If the Canon Installer is not seeing your printer, you need to determine why. 

Here are a few suggestions:

Verify the printers IP and connection in your router's admin portal

Print a network configuration / setting page on the printer

Use the printers control panel and reconnect to the wireless network

Wifi Setup tutorial  <<<Click

"Throwing in the towel" might be premature at this point. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ritaallen307,

1.  Press the Home button on your PIXMA MG7120

2.  Swipe the screen from left to right and tap the wrench and screwdriver icon

3.  Select Device settings

4.  Select LAN settings

5.  Select Confirm LAN settings

6.  Select WLAN setting list

Take note of the SSID and the IPv4 address.

On your computer, please click the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right corner of your screen (near the time).

Is the network name that your Mac is connected to the exact same name that was listed for the SSID on your MG7120?

If it is, next, please open Safari.  In the address bar at the top of Safari, please type the IPv4 address of your MG7120.

Are you able to access the remote user interface of your PIXMA MG7120?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

I followed all of your instructions.  The printer is on the same network as my MacBook. However, the page does not open. I get an error stating, "the server where this page is located isn't responding."

I was able to make a temporary connection last week by creating a direct access point, without using the wifi.  But now I can't remember how I did it.

Hi ritaallen307.

If the printer's IP address gave the error, "the server where this page is located isn't responding," then your router was allowing communications to the printer, but not back to the computer (which are also used to automatically confirm print information before putting ink to page).  Check the router's settings to ensure the printer is being allowed to communicate with the computer.

If your router supports 5 GHz, either disable the 5 GHz connection or set the router to allow cross-communication with the 2.4 GHz connection.  If neither of these options are available, manually set the computer's connection to the 2.4 GHz connection for your network.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the speedy response. I won't be able to work on it for several days as I'm out for the MemDay long-weekend.

I've been hooked up at computer with 5 Ghz connection for some time and have not gotten the error message listed in your first sentence.

I'll be back.

Good day; very clear description.

I have mac 10.12.6 and have had stable wireless connection for years to my Centurylink router. Connection dropped and I cannot get it to reset. Many other devices hooked up to operating router work fine as usual.

I have been completely unable to locate printers IP address. Following your cler directions the fields for IPv4 and IPv6 address are blank. First item, 'connection' is listed as 'inactive'. Printing the configuration page also reveals no IP addresses. WEP Key length is listed as 'inactive'. Signal strenth is listed as '0%'.

While truing wireless connection printer immediately 'sees' a wireless network but can't make a connection to make setup.

I would do a manual setup and have all the information I need except the printer's IP address. I cannot find that information anywhere.

Can you help?

Thank you;

2ndAveFlyer

Hi, 2ndAveFlyer!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements