cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac El Cap laptop won't print to network Canon

Necktilt
Contributor

Since upgrading to OSX El Capitan, I can’t get my Air laptop to print to my Canon MG5350 printer.

The Canon is connected to my desktop Mac Mini with USB, and the Air has always connected to it on the wireless network.

The Mini connects to the Canon perfectly and prints.

I’ve tried most things I can think of, including re-adding the printer to the Printers & Scanners sheet on the Air. The Sharing prefs on the Mini all seem OK.

It seems to get part of the way there: the Printer Proxy sheet on the Air shows it ‘Looking for printer’, then ‘Connecting to printer’, and then ... nothing happens.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg... X 10.11 (El Capitan)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John. I did look at that page. The printer driver there is 11.7.1.0: both my machines are showing 13.7.1.0, both as a result of updating through Software Update in late September.

So, I've checked updates for both drivers, checked the sharing prefs, and re-added the printer.

I tried resetting the printing system, and renaming the Printers folder following advice on the Apple forum.

No change.

Anyone have further ideas?

In the US we have a phone support line. If you have one give them a call. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, John, for the tip: I'll give the UK line a call.

Announcements