cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 doesn't pick up the Wi-Fi network

christinamac
Apprentice

I have had my printer for several years.  I also have a technology background so I understand technology.

I have successfully set up my Canon Printer to connect to the acces point several times over the last few years.

For some reason, my printer is currently not picking up the networks in my home.  It is picking up two other access points/networks- but not mine.  The available wi-fi networks for my home have gone ghost on this machine!!!!

Here is what I've already tried:

Turning the printer on and off. 

Unplugging the printer and leaving it off for thirty minutes.  Replugging and restarting.

Using the WPS mode - I pressed the WPS on my router and then chose WPS mode on the printer and I get an error that no access points were detected.

Using Manual Entery mode - I entered the specific name of the network (Christina-5.0 or Christina2.4) and I get an error that no access points with that name exist.  I've tried this for both networks in my home.  I have two different networks set up through my cable provider.  I"ve tried both.

Using preferences/advance on my laptop to find the port.  It does not show up in the list of available networks.

I am using these networks (Christina-5.0 or Christina2.4) for all of my devices in my home without issue;  the only device that will not pick up either network is the Printer all of a sudden.  So bizarre.

I am sure it's a simple click of a switch but I need to know asap - my printer has been out of commission for over a week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Blakrow
Contributor

it's maybe late since you posted this topic  two years ago ... but still it may help someone else

I was struggling for entire week to connect my MX922 printer wirelessly to my Router,  it was working just fine from the day i bought it until the last week, it started to lose connexion with my router and no matter how many times i tried to scan for available networks i just couldn't find mine on the list displayed on the printer's screen, there were only my neighboors's ones. i could recover connexion on my router after several reboots of my router and random changes in a bunch of the printer's LAN settings but the next day it was lost again.

Finaly i think i've got a viable fix to this problem.  i thought it could be a signal interference with my neighboor's network ( and that was the case ) since my printer only show his network and not mine... so what i did is that i went to my  D-link Router défault gettway page (192.168.1.1)  and checked the Wireless channel that my router was transmitting on  and surprisingly i found that my router was set on Channel 13 , which doesn't even show on the channel's select drop down menu ( my router support only channel from 1 to 11 )  so i thought it could be actually the problem ( in fact it was ) , so i switched the wireless channel to 6  and my printer detected my Wifi network from the first try.   i hope this will help someone 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tiffany

Hi Christinamac,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what  model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. 

Thank you!

Blakrow
Contributor

I am having the same problem on my Mx922  ... Have you found a solution to this issue ?

Blakrow
Contributor

it's maybe late since you posted this topic  two years ago ... but still it may help someone else

I was struggling for entire week to connect my MX922 printer wirelessly to my Router,  it was working just fine from the day i bought it until the last week, it started to lose connexion with my router and no matter how many times i tried to scan for available networks i just couldn't find mine on the list displayed on the printer's screen, there were only my neighboors's ones. i could recover connexion on my router after several reboots of my router and random changes in a bunch of the printer's LAN settings but the next day it was lost again.

Finaly i think i've got a viable fix to this problem.  i thought it could be a signal interference with my neighboor's network ( and that was the case ) since my printer only show his network and not mine... so what i did is that i went to my  D-link Router défault gettway page (192.168.1.1)  and checked the Wireless channel that my router was transmitting on  and surprisingly i found that my router was set on Channel 13 , which doesn't even show on the channel's select drop down menu ( my router support only channel from 1 to 11 )  so i thought it could be actually the problem ( in fact it was ) , so i switched the wireless channel to 6  and my printer detected my Wifi network from the first try.   i hope this will help someone 

Blakrow,

I registered on the forum just to thank you immensely! You solved my problem!!!

My router was set on Channel 13 too, so a switched to 6 and now my printer now is on the air!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Best regards,

Robson

I registered as well to say thank you. Couldn't figure out why my MX922 printer wasn't connecting and it was driving me crazy.  I implemented your solution and it works perfectly. Thank you so much! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Blakrow
Contributor
I glad it helped you. Thank your for your comment.

Best regards

vitamegan2017
Apprentice

Maybe you could help me as well. My Canon Mg3620 won’t connect. I tried registering it again, like I have in the past.. but when I get to the part that says to select my canon model, no MG Models are listed. There’s something on that page that says If your model isn’t showing up make sure you’re under your correct country.. which Iam. I feel like the issue is something to do with my iPhone but not sure what.. as I never had this issue w/ my Samsung phone. I don’t have a computer or anything else to try on. Please help 

Announcements