cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 wireless connection lost after sleep, spectrum Router DDW36C1

rickr63
Apprentice

Hello. 

well Ive done alot of reading, mostly about the cannon MX922 loosing wireless connection after going to sleep. 

an everyone blaming Cannon for the issue, 

***I DON"T THINK IT"S CANNON***

and heres why. 

my first Spectrum cable router, (not sure what it was). worked great, never lost connection with printer. 

but it started dropping the entire Internet connection so we had to repalce it. 

Spectrum gave us a new one. different model DDW36C1 made by UBEE, ok fine. 

I set it op just as i had the other. including connecting the MX922 to it. worked fine till it went to sleep. then nothing. 

called Specturm, they blame Cannon. Called Cannon blames Spectrum. ((WHO TO BELIEVE)). 

well I ran my own tests, As in I bought a Belkin G54/N150 wireless router a TP-Link Archer C4000 and a  netgear nighthawk R7000. 

I hooked them  up ((one at a time))right along withmy spectrum cable modem, per instructions. an connected the Printer to them ((AGAIN ONE AT A TIME)). printer worked FLAWLESSLY, even in sleep mode. woke up everytime. when i tries to print. 

so I rehooked it up to the Specturm wireless cable router. worked fine right up till it went to sleep. 

SO fact in ALL.. it is not the CAnnon PRINTER as you all think kit has somethign to do with the new routers that SPECTURM is giving out. 

RIchard. 

sorry for the spelling errors Im not perfect. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm willing to bet my responses in this thread sum it up. 

This is not Canon or Spectrum device specific. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

rickr63
Apprentice
This is a Spectrum issue the modem/router they are using will not stay paies with a wireless printer.
Announcements