cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 wireless LAN setup problems with iMac

Toeknail
Apprentice

I am trying to setup my new MX922 printer with a new imac. During the original setup phase, I got a message instructing me to press the "WPS" button on the "access point" for 3 seconds. Before I could figure out what the heck either a WPS button or an access point is, the setup screen on the printer disappeared. Now I will have to go back through the setup process again, but the instructions to do so include using the dosc. My imac does not have a disc drive. I know that the files can be downloaded on the canon website, however there are several drivers or software programs for the MX922 that can be downloaded, and it is not at all clear which I would need.

3 REPLIES 3

Zmay1949
Apprentice

In order to install MX922 on iMac Mavericks you need the file mac-mx920-2_0-mcd.dmg

When it ask you to press the "WPS" you can press "Stop" and continue with the standart wireless installation.

It is included in the software installation instruction. I hope it helps.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Toeknail,

To install the printer wirelessly, please click on the link below to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MX922:

PIXMA MX922 Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click on the CUPS driver file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.    

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.  

Once you have downloaded and installed the CUPS driver file from the website, please also install all other items from the Recommended for You section of the website.  Please also download and install the ICA drivers from the "DRIVERS" section, and all of the software from the SOFTWARE section of the page.

Since you plan on using the printer wirelessly, please be sure to install the Canon IJ Network Tool (found in the Recommended for You section) last after all other software has been installed. 

Once all items have been downloaded, please double-click on each of the items on your Mac to install them.  Once all items have been installed, please restart your Mac and attempt to print.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tteacher222
Apprentice

Where is wps button mx922. I have windows 8. 

Announcements