cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 will print from cell phone but not Win 10 Desktop

obiwaynekenobi
Apprentice

I have a MX922 for about a year.and just entered the new 4G modem WIFI password. It will print from my iPhone 10 but not from my Win 10 computer. When I try to print the Ink level window comes up and says "error printing". This is frustrating as I have had many negative issues with this printer and I am about to trash it and againt my wishes go get an HP.

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Communication issues may occur when using a mobile hotspot rather than a standard Wi-Fi router.  Try reinstalling the drivers to see if this helps.  If the issue persists, connect the printer directly to the computer with a USB cable if a normal Wi-Fi router is not available.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TomDun
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  When the window with ink levels is displayed, it says "Printer not responding"  I set up wifi printing since I had problems with using my home network while using Norton VPN. (see previous post on this problem). The print que show the test page document with status as: "Error - Printing"  Since Norton VPN was a problem with printing with my eithernet connection, I removed the Norton 360 program, on the chance that it might be doing something to prevent wifi printing.  Nothing changed. Still could not print from the PC using the wifi connection.  The reply to the previous post on this subject suggested the using the USB port to connect the PC to the printer.  I could try this, but wonder if another PC could be networked to work with the USB connection (from a different PC)  to the printer.  If one could answer this question, it would avoid my use of wifi or eithernet connections to the printer.

TomDun,

You would not be able to access the printer on a network when connected to a VPN.  You can use the printer with a direct USB cable connection to one computer, and wirelessly with other computers on the local network.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did setup the printer for wireless printing (wifi). It prints from my cell OK, but I get the error if I try to print from my PC, or another PC by selecting the printer under the windows Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers.. Also when I click on the Properties tab under the Canon MS920 serices icon, and the Hardware Tab,, under Device status it says that "This device is working properly."  I tried Troubleshoot but it doesn't find any problem.  I can find any problem as to why the pinter does not work with wifi for printing from my PC.  Any thoughts on why this might be.  Called Canon support, but they didn't have any suggestion why I can not print from my PC using wifi setup.

We are having the same problem and would like a solution as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements