Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

MX922 wifi 5.0Ghz capable?

Is MX922 capable of finding and connecting to wifi 5.0ghz radio network?

It's not clear from the product spec: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_prin...

I replaced my home broadband router and switched home wifi to use 5.0ghz, that claims to provide faster throughput. But MX922 doesn't seem to find the SSID I manually typed in.

Occasional Contributor

Re: MX922 wifi 5.0Ghz capable?

Self response; I found that our router is capable of providing both 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz networks each of which IP networks are interconnected, so I now have MX922 connected to 2.4Ghz while my computer to 5.0Ghz and am able to print without an issue.

Problem is worked around. Still curious to know the answer to my original question.

Frequent Contributor

No PIXMA printer can operate on a 5GHz band. As you know, it won't even find it Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Epson printers will connect to a 5ghz signal. My Epson Expressions 830 does this effortlessly.
New Contributor

I must confess I have both printers and my 922 works with 2.4ghz with no issues👌👌🏽